User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Outdoor vft bog.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering the best way to germinate VFT seeds in an outdoor in-ground bog garden.......

Don't want the birds and insects eating them, wind blowing them away, rain washing them away, etc, etc, etc.

I thought about a light, thin layer of hay, but would like any thoughts on that.......

I may use aquarium gravel as a topping and was wondering if a thin layer of that would do the trick.

Way too many too germinate inside and then transplant outside.........

Any Thoughts, Tips, Pointers are Appreciated!!

Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm...
    i suggest buying VFT bulbs instead of seed because its a long process with seed, and can be difficult to raise outside, and if u go with bulbs, u can propagate before planting to get more plants, and they will clump on their own when they grow.
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seeds are already purchased, and I understand the length of raising them for the first 2-3 of years.

Not a "Big Project" for me---just something I am going to do.......

Just looking for info on the best way to make it happen......

Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a recent trip to the Hosford site in FL., where VFT go wild, I would suggest getting LFS to grow or dried shredded LFS as a top cover. At Hosford, they were coming up by the 1000s in the live spaghnum moss. It was quite a sight. (sorry no pics)
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more point, get the LFS to grow outdoors under full sun. Getting sphagnum to grow indoors is a killer. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]After a recent trip to the Hosford site in FL., where VFT go wild, I would suggest getting LFS to grow or dried shredded LFS as a top cover. At Hosford, they were coming up by the 1000s in the live spaghnum moss. It was quite a sight. (sorry no pics)
    That must've been quite a sight. *Drool* [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]