What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inherited a wee bog garden!

mabudon

Metal King
Okay, I met a fellow CP enthusiast locally(I live in St Catharines, Ontario, near Niagara Falls basically) yesterday, he surprised me by saying that he grows Dionea, S.Flava (sars are his fave, his collection is purportedly huge, but he'd already moved it) and many Drosera outside, letting them go dormant and covering them with pine needles...

He offered me a trade of some cuttings of some Opuntia (cactus) he was growing that he couldn't take with him(he's moving today, about 30 minutes away from here) for my mysterious "jungle plant" (pics in the misc plant section, still n0 answers as to what it is)

I would have been pleased as punch with the cactii, but he started to pull out some S.Flava, some D.filiformis, and accidentally a tiny Dionea, tossed them in a pot, and filled a bag with some scoops of his bog soil, I guess he'd already taken all of the stuff he really wanted to keep....

But I was stunned to say the least, I only had 2 CPs (unknown Nep and, of course, Dionea) when I woke up today, now altogether I have more than 10 individuals of 5 different types....

AND already this week my mother bought us a house in a totally surprise move.... this may just be the most exciting, awesome week of my life.....

Looks like I'll be giving away seed next year
smile.gif

And another quick Thanks to everyone here, none of this (well, other than the house thing) would have happened without these boards
smile.gif

Good luck with your new plants - sounds great. Post some photos of the new additions!

how lucky you are to have me a local CPer... The closest person I know that is a CPer is Drew (electric carnivores) and hes still a long drive away....

Back