What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant tags

Hey

Where do you find the plastic plant tags to write on? I've tried using popcicle sticks, but they deteriorate too quickly.

- Patrick

Go to any Lowes or Home Depot to the plant section. They should have them. It's where I got mine.

Any plant store will aslo have them. The regular plastic ones are pretty cheap. You can also buy them here (petflytrap.com) in the Misc. section. 12 for a dollar
cool.gif

I was hoping to buy in bulk at a lower price...our nurseries don't sell them and Lowe's only has HUGE placard-style tags.

Be sure you use a soft graphite pencil to do the marking. Even laundry shapries quickly fade over a season or two. The only secure labeling tools are graphite or true india ink.

On the web there are a few places thatr sell tags in rolls of 100+ for like $20.
Do a web search
Joe

Tamlin,

I have found that the Sharpie Industrial Markers do not fade(since spring).
The regular ones faded for me in a matter of weeks.
Make sure it has "Industrial" on the label.
Office Depot stocks them.

A more detailed explantation is here:

http://www.firstrays.com/labels.htm

This link also illustrates how to recover the faded script.

Tweek

Thanks for the info. Tweek. It looks good, but I'll likely stick to my pencil. Old dogs, and all that.

I use milk plattic bottles then cut them up to make tags, and then use markers used for CDs (Sharpie). Never had any trouble with them, you just have to let the ink dry before handling them and everything's fine.

I've seen places where you can buy a case of 1000-2000 for 25 dollars... (no minimum order)

Back