Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar powered fan i built for the greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Sszvein,

for the solar -powered fan I am using a solar panel usf-5 and for the other projects i am using two usf-32 panels to provide more electricity to recharge the bigger batteries.

In a nutshell, the usf-5 model is sized to maintain and recharge a 12v battery. it provides 13amp-hrs a week.
    Eleven solar cells are connected in a series to produce 16.5 volts for 12 volt battery charging and it is quite sufficient. Also if a solar cell was to get damaged, the unit would compensate this and bypass the cell via diode and still produce the same amount of electricity.

In regards to obtaining them, I will have to ask my parents and get back to you on that one. I know I spent alot of time trying to find them and found them at places such as Disk Smith but they were considerably Overpriced!

thanks
    Christian

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh! Interesting =).
    I love thinkering, but I have yet to plunge with solar energy. How much daily sun does those panels require to fill their "quota" in amp?
    If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no only during big storms. Lol. And my big problem would be loseing heat ot haveing too much of it
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi pondboy,

If you place the solar panel in a sunny place, you don't really need to worry about the panels filling their quota in amps providing you accompany the 12v battery with a 12v solar panel around the size of 30cm wide by 80cm long. The panel will always be receiving light and will be enough to charge the battery.
    This is well in the limits of the dimensions as I have mentioned in the above post of my greenhouse. You may have to increase the values, i.e. double the amount of the solar panel and battery if your greenhouse is twice as large as mine.

You will need to secure the solar panel properly. There are light weight versions available.

Also the solar powered fan takes out excessive heat. You will need to create a solar powered space heater if the heat is lost during cold nights. Pm me for details of unit if you like.

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning on using a SLA battery?

I'm a battery freak, I fly Electric RC airplanes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12