What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooling fan installation

hey i am having trouble installing cooling fans
i dono about the rewiring and all that stuff, can som explain how to and if its possible, send me pix of how the fan connect to the adaptor, thnx

if u guys hav som fan setups of urs, post som pix, !

help a brotha out

-huy

thnx 4 looking at the post and not responding!
mad.gif
from the help of a very nice guy,(amateur expert) he helped me (verbally) how to connect the wires, my dad is gonna install it 4 me, ill post pix of my ghetto tank

I've bought a simple fan (with heat/cold sink) for 5 euro.
And an adapter/converter for 6. Connecting them is very simple but I see you already have it done.

Its gonna be placed inside the cooling element which I deconstructed out of an old fridge. I'll post pictures when it's done. Which will most likely be this week.

Just some advice; don't overkill the amount of volt or am you squeeze through the fan because it won't do the fan any good.
smile.gif

i hav 2 12v 80mm fans that run 35cfm each, my dad installed it wrong
mad.gif
imma change it tomoro and post pix if i can, GO OUT THERE AND VOTE (for ppl over 18)

looks pretty good, but you might wanna wrap electrical tape around any wires that are exposed. just for safety sack.

I agree about the electrical tape. I just setup my first terrarium 3mo ago and left just a tiny bit of metal wire of my fan exposed when plugging it in......there was a small explosion! Make sure the spliced wires are well-insulated.

About the fans....looks like they're being bolted to the side of the tank. I kept mine loose (they're sitting on a flat rock at the bottom of the tank) so that I could take them out or move them around later. Just a thought.....

my dad did it, he's really precise and safe, i let him do it anyways, he's stubborn, watever works, the white wire is unnessasery and imma tape it soon, jus cant find the tape, im geting som 2moro from a frend that works ina hardware shop for free

Back