What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All of my plants died!

All of my plants died! The house had a power outage and went back on again, but the swamp cooler for the greenhouse turned off! It did this while I was on vacation. All of my plants, including heliamphora and cephalotus cooked abd died. Numerous nepenthes also perished. I'm really bummed.
smile_o_32.gif

There is nothing left that is alive...I cant get over it.

Doh! That is not good. I nearly died when ONE of my plants died while I was on vacation.

Don't let it get you down! Plants can be replaced. Good luck, and camp the trade forum!

Capslock

thanks for the advice...I cant belive my ceph died. And the heli to top it off. Humph! :c

oh man that has gotta really stink, how long have you been stocking your collection up?

wow that sucks... So there is absolutely nothing left? How big was your collection?

Sorry to hear that
smile_h_32.gif
Just remember, it could always be worse. Pus you don't have to worry about watering anything!!
smile_m_32.gif
 Don't tell me you don't feel a slight weight has lifted from your shoulders?
Not making fun, just trying to point out the positive
smile.gif

I'm sorry to hear that... BUT in the time I've grown CPs I've seen many surprises... Keep watering them for awhile... They can be stronger than you think.... It's ALWAYS worth it to water once something has "died"... I've had plants come back after "dying" 3 months prior!
Good luck!
Andrew

Any of them an adelae?

yes...along with a ton of others.
(sighs)

Drosera binata (Multifida)
Drosera capensis
Drosera capensis (Red)
Drosera capensis (Giant)
Drosera capensis (Narrow)
Drosera capensis 'Albino'
Drosera capensis (Wide )
Drosera alicae
Drosera adelae
Drosera spathulata
Drosera rotundifolia
Drosera slackii
Drosera venusta
Drosera filiformis

Darlingtonia californica

Byblis liniflora

Cephalotus follicularis

Heliamphora nutans
Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor

Pinguicula laueana ?
Pinguicula primuliflora
Pinguicula moranensis

Sarracenia alata
Sarracenia leucophylla
Sarracenia purpurea
Sarracenia flava
Sarracenia oreophila

Dionea muscipula 'Dentate Traps'
Dionea muscipula 'Red Dragon'
Dionea muscipula (Green Dragon)
Dionea muscipula (Pink Sunset)

Nepenthes bicalcarata
Nepenthes gracilis
Nepenthes ampullaria
Nepenthes albomarginata

Aldrovanda vesiculosa

Genlisia violacea

and too many utrics to type in my lifetime.

(Edit: few name typos)

If u have any seeds/cuttings/spares of these plants pm me!

Alot of those sundews and many utics will come back from their roots. So just keep them in water and maybe they'll pop back up.
smile_m_32.gif

yep...it stinks all right

i have nothing to do anymore! good thing i still have my reptiles!

Nasty - that really sucks.
smile_h_32.gif

I'm not sure how much power your setup uses, but you might consider getting a backup power supply like they use for computers. One can run a computer and monitor for 10-15 minutes, so they might be able to run your stuff for a couple of days. They're pretty handy, and only about $50 (well, mine was $50).

Good luck!

I cooked a pot of adelae and they came back. But I was too stupid and then killed them again.

Back