What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your greenhouses/terrariums/boggarden

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
And a today pic of my ping tray that is in my indoor growing area... Yes, there are some non pings in the tray and yes some of the pings are probably dead. But I have a problem throwing them away untill I am definatly sure they are dead.
smile_n_32.gif

pingtray1.jpg

Andrew

Igot the pics!
PICT0189.jpg

My warmhouse from the front.

PICT0191.jpg

Inside view from the door.

PICT0192.jpg

Another angle.

PICT0190.jpg

Stovehouse front view.

Now, two views of the inside:
PICT0209.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

Hope you like em'
Dave

Sharp setup, Dave. What kind of greenhouse is that? It looks like a pop-up tent.
~Joe

nice setup, I'm soooo anxious the lanscaper is dumping Roadbase for the floor today, I'm hoping that warms it up a bit

If I only had the space... and the money... and the plants to put in it...
~Joe

<span style='font-family:Teletype'>Okay, I have my tank set up I told y'all about before... turns out my mom's former bearded dragon tank is actually a 40 gallon, making it way too huge for anywhere in this house, so I got a secondhand 10 gallon at the pet shop for 8 bucks, put some gravel in the bottom (to hold misted water longer to increase humidity), covered three sides with foil (to reflect more light onto the plants), put an old fluorescent fixture I used to use for an anole tank, which my grandfather mounted to the bottom of a two by four (which is slightly wider than the mouth of the tank, therefore it sits perfectly on the edges, with the fluorescent itself about an inch or two down in the tank) and put the fluorescent tube that came with it in there (it's never been used.. I used a UV bulb for the anoles), and then had my grandfather take a leftover section of plastic (which is usually put under the incandescents in the ceiling of the kitchen) and trim it to fit the half of the mouth of the tank that isn't covered by the fluorescent fixture (to retain humidity), then I melted several small holes in that to provide circulation. In the tank now are the rootsprout D. adelae from last year, a larger adelae with a sidesprout, a P. Primulifora and a N. ventricosa.

EDIT: For some reason my grandfather thinks I have too much stuff plugged in in my room, and he thinks one more thing (i.e. the fluorescent fixture) plugged in the wall will burn the whole house down, so I was forced to put the tank in the dining room on top of the 3-foot bookshelf in there.</span>

I'm a bit late coming into this but it's better late than never. Here is my humble set up. The pics are a tad small, I am STILL not completely used to uploading pictures knowing the size they will appear on a website. The front of the terrarium is usually covered to reflect light back but I moved it so I could take the fron pictures. I am planning to renovate soon and have two ten gals. side by side with a 48'' shoplight over the top of them. One will be a highland and the other lowland if I am able to pull such a feat. ;):

Terrarium%20'05%20001.jpg

Terrarium%20'05%20002.jpg

Terrarium%20'05%20003.jpg

Here's mine.. looks a bit different now. I'll try to post newer pics soon.
setup%20002.jpg

tank.jpg

Hi Bonnie, I notice a couple of familiar blue and purple thingys in there! Very nice. What a contrast to my makeshift shelving, with plants clamouring for light!

here are some of my setups, i dont want to post photos of the greenhouse cuz its cold outside and there isnt any plants and im lazy, anyway here they are:
This is my tropical terrarium, I grow alot of stuff here like D. Peltata, D. Petiolaris, B. Reducta, D. Jaws, and my cephs amongst others:
580entry1-med.jpg

Here is my shelf unit, it stretches from the beggining of my room to the end, I mostly grow out my sarracenia seedlings here instead of plants:
580entry_006-med.jpg

here is my little greenhouse I got for christmas, right now most of my large sarracenia are in it:
580entry_007-med.jpg

here is my shelf that I grow lots of stuff on:
580entry_008-med.jpg

I am glad I'm not the only one with one terrarium with only one plant per pot.

I used to fit that, but i had no terrarium. I recently found three little capensis, and i put them in a community 8" pot.

I have about 40 D. capensis in a community pot. I looooove the look.

Yeah, I got them all from a single scape! Lol
I like pygmy dews in community pots too.

I am gonna go take pics of my plants! C ya!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Feb. 23 2005,1:42)]nice! you ever trade with people in the continental US?
Thanks! and yes, I do all the time.. if I didn't I'd never get any new plants. I've so far only found one other Cper in Alaska...

Back