What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your greenhouses/terrariums/boggarden

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
It's a merriliana, I'm giving it plenty of room to grow. Besides, i ran out of space elsewhere.

I finally got around to taking some photos of my greenhouse. It is attached to two sides of our octagon house on a rather steep forested hillslope. It is 8 feet wide and 18 feet long on a side, for a total of about 36 feet (the outside is of course longer than the inside). A couple years ago, my wife decided to widen the deck on the top story -- which completely shades the greenhouse during mid-day in summer. Since the greenhouse faces west, in summer I now only get direct sun in mid morning and after about 2 pm. To increase light, I lined the inner walls with reflective mylar.
Greenhouse0016.JPG

Greenhouse0017.JPG

Greenhouse0014.JPG

Greenhouse0015.JPG

I'm more intrigued by the house than the greenhouse. It looks like an interesting place to explore in and around. I envy the shelf space in the greenhouse though:).

Here are pics of my grow chamber, which is now on the brink of desolation due to overheating, and low water/humidity, as well as some wierd white specs/bugs/alien pests that are attempting to cover my plants like a sweater.

My Webpage

Here's mine...
Indoor lowland chamber
greenhouse%20pic%201%20rs.JPG

Top shelf, left side.
top%20shelf%20left%20side%201%20rs.JPG

Top shelf, right side.
top%20shelf%20right%20side%201%20rs.JPG

Middle shelf. The waterfall is an experiment
smile_m_32.gif

middle%20shelf.JPG

Bottom shelf. The only plant on the bottom is a N. ventricosa X inermis that grows like a weed in there. Highlander in a lowland chamber? Go figure....
The easter egg is an experiment too
smile_m_32.gif

bottom%20shelf%20w%20N.%20vent%20x%20inermis%20rs.JPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]whats that extremely tall nep?
Ventricosa x inermis. Funny too cause it's a highlander and all the others are lowlanders. And it is one of the fastest growers in there.

My outdoor greenhouse looks exactly like CNC's, except it's orange and the zippers on the front flap busted, so now it's pinned shut with safety pins and two large panels are cut out of the vinyl at the top with an extra metal mesh shelf over the top bars, right above the top shelf. This system of weirdness actually, finally, keeps the squirrels out, as of this date. I have VFTs and Sarrs on the top shelf.

Here's my new 29 Gallon Terrarium.  I went from the 10 Gallon you see on Page 1 of this thread and added a Waterfall.
I need a new fogger disc and it will be shooting out fog too.
I might be tinting the front glass soon.
29G%20Terrarium.JPG

Here's my ghetto garden. Not as neat and tidy as I'd like it to be but this is my first year growing. I'll get there (stupid perlite).

flytraps001.jpg

flytraps002.jpg

flytraps004.jpg

flytraps00334.jpg

Very nice plants guys! I really like your setups.

Leslie: What kind of lighting are you using? And what kind of fogger are you getting/already did get? I love your waterfall fountain!

Got some mosses, pitcher plants and wild orchids from wild. Cant wait to setup the tank...so, just do it! The base with remaining holland sand. Then covered by coconut fiber with soil.

Position of drift woods.
P7020167.jpg

P7020168.jpg

Planting...
P7020169.jpg

Pitcher plant (collected at the road side.)
P7020170.jpg

This one bought from flower nursery. RM17.
P7020171.jpg

Bird nest... collected from Cyber Jaya office road side.
P7030175.jpg

Unknown wild orchid. (there are few more not in the picture.)
P7030176.jpg

Finally up...2 36W PL tubes and a fan. Tank fully covered. 3-4 hours just to seperate the mosses and putting inside the tank.
P7030172.jpg

P7030173.jpg

Updated with mist maker in...

P7050182.jpg

P7050184.jpg

P7050183.jpg

Wild orchid.
P7050185.jpg

another type of flytrap.
P7050180.jpg

P7050181.jpg

Feeding time...saw the cricket head?
P7100219.jpg

P7100220.jpg

About a week of my setup...There are some mosses growing on those darker place. Mosses can't really grow well on brighter place.

Small pine growing out from the mosses.
P7100221.jpg

Some mushroom...
P7100222.jpg

P7100225.jpg

Birdnest new leaves...
P7100223.jpg

Dom: I love your setup! Are you just using flourescent cool white tubes for lighting?

But I have to say, I really hope you didn't collect any of those plants from the wild. If you did then
smile_k_ani_32.gif
confused.gif

Yea man, if you go off and decide to do that, keep it on the hush. Although I dont think moss and driftwood are illegal to collect. Think you could get me some driftwood? PM me please, thanks.

Yes. Mostly the plants are from wild. Due to there are some highway and building developers destroying the places. It is sad to see they cutting down all the tree and getting rid all the plants, flowers and fill up the river with some big stones. So why not we just take them back home and propagate?

The drift wood was bought from the shop. Not from wild....I am using 36W Philip Cool Day light PL-L.

Ah, well in that case, I would completely agree with you taking them home. Since you're rescuing them from being wiped out, then I think that's pretty darn cool
smile.gif

Back