What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your greenhouses/terrariums/boggarden

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
Mine a few months back. Lots of changes since:

GHFront.jpg

GHDoor.jpg

GHBack.jpg

Aaron.

I just finished cleaning my grow shelves and decided to take a few shots afterwards. Here is one I selected to display today. I will post others from time to time.

grow_room_shot_23.jpg

It is 10 December 2004 and this is what my grow shelves look like.

Here are some others I took on 10 December 2004:

grow_room_shot_24.jpg

grow_room_shot_25.jpg

grow_room_shot_26.jpg

NICE!

hey, uh...Pinguiculaman,...I'll take one of those D.regias off your hands!
smile_n_32.gif

Joseph, after seeing your set up mine doesnt look as bad as i thought
smile_m_32.gif
its about the same as yours. i need to get some of those lil pots. 3.5 inchers take up lots of room for just my lil Utrics

Mine looks exactly like the one behind Nick's head in his profile pic, except mine is orange.

That my terrarium, the first picture is from January 04, the second from December.

terrarium01.jpg

terrarium03.jpg

WoW! That's awesome! What form of capensis is in the second pic on the right? Its huge!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thats a D. capensis broad leaf form.

Jan

Also, I'm planning a terrarium-like thing pretty soon.. an approximately 20 gallon fishtank (Mom's bearded dragon's previous cage) containing Drosera adelae and maybe some highland Neps, potted seperately (as in.. not planted in the terrarium itself, but simply potted with trays underneath and set inside the tank) and lighted with a UV bulb (I know, replace it once every 4 to 6 months, blah blah.. I used to keep Anoles). This is because it gets way to hot for these species in the summer and too cold in the winter. The tank will go in my room on a desk that otherwise would not be used (*gasp*), except for my miniature library in the space towards the back of the desk and alot of crap on the shelf rising from the back of the desk. I think my adelaes will do much better with this, since it will be alot more temperate all year round.

Yea, my Adalea thrives in my tank much more than on the window sill or outside here in NY. Did I mention, it's snowing now.

29 Gallon Nep tank coming soon, my 10G is gonna be for VFT's, Sundews and Pings.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 19 2004,5:54)]Also, I'm planning a terrarium-like thing pretty soon.. an approximately 20 gallon fishtank (Mom's bearded dragon's previous cage)
Bearded Dragon, huh? Now I finally know where my Romanian ex-girlfriend's disappeared to...

im gonna hopefully get one for x-mas, trust me, if i do you guys'll have photos within an hour

I looove beardies. I have 2 females. They live in my reptile room along with 11 lizards and 2 snakes!
smile_n_32.gif

here is a quick pic of most of my setup sorry no individual plant can be made out very well. up top and behind is my 75 gal lowland nepenthes tank, there are some orchids and a couple Genlisea in it too. in front is 2 ten and 1 5.5 gal tanks. the two tens housing pings genlisea and utrics the 5.5 is housing highland neps at the moment. below and to the left is a large rubbermaid that houses all of my Drosera and some Utrics. the botton right you can make out a 10 gal that has a bunch of epiphytic cacti cuttings im getting started. the brown planters to the right have sarrs and temprate Drosera that im trying to get kicked into dormancy as they are in front of a sliding glass door. not pictured, a north window about 20 feet from this pic that has a couple 4 ft flourecents that has most of my orchids and my Nepenthes veitchii and a few other things

I should get some pics of my greenhouses up tomorrow, or on tuesday. I have stuff to do today, so i won't have time.

Here is a wide shot of the plants in my green house today. Mostly still dormant so not really much to see... Although it looks better now since about a week ago I cut off the dead sarra pitchers...
dormantgh.jpg

Andrew

Back