Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need sources for a good sized epdm liner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just built a mini pond this last summer, the plants are doing well. i lined it with two layers of visqueen, one white one black. it was what i had lyeing around the place after painting and other house work. i have sarracenia, random sundews, venus flytraps and a few butterworts in the pond.
    i posted pictures at www.geocities.com/thelostboys77/grownlist.html
    i have have yet to add my other photos to the site but the building a pond ones should be there.
    -jULIE-
    if i can't dance, it's not my revolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh bummer, I went to your site to take a look and you had exceeded your allocated band width for the month! Hey Pinkerton! Welcome to Terra Forums. I see this is your very first post. What type of butterworts do you have in your pond? I would love to see photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hurrmm... it's workin' of me over here....try it now.
    thank you much! this seems like a good collective information brain for me to pick through. the butterworts currently outside are P.caerulea, P.vallisnerifolia & a crazy hybrid of sorts i left out last winter that unexpectedly came back. i'm testing luck to see if he'll come back again. i really like the spanish butterwort, it is definatly the neatist looking of the bunch.
    i mimiced the pond idea from www.pitcherplants.org they have a picture show n' tell of building some ponds at an elementry school. if you look throughout their site there's lot of examples of how they have the ponds set up for propagation etc. i also had a magazine featuring water gardens that said regardless of the liner, it needs to be 10mm (i will double check that when i get home) thick. it also said plastic bags would work as long as you piled enough on.
    -jULIE-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I got in to your site this time. I did get to see a list of all your plants and it sure does look like you have come a long way in only 3 years. What state do you live in? I saw your P. caerula, I love that Ping and that is one I will want some day in the future. Very pretty plant. I can't get your links to work for your photos though. I am probably doing something wrong.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Dec. 27 2004,4:11)]I don't want to save this thread but there is a thread I want to save that has germination information in it
    I'll assume you are using Internet Explorer and not Mozilla, Firefox, etc. To save a web page on your computer:

1) Click on "File" in the tool bar at the top of your browser.

2) Select "Save as". A box titled "Save Web Page" will pop up. At the top of the box is the "Save in" window with a drop down menu and five icons to the right of the window.

3) Make sure it is saving it to where you want it to. Ie "My Documents" or where ever you want it to be.

4) Click the third icon to "Create new folder" and name the new folder "Soil mediums" or whatever makes it easiest for you to remember the topic you will save in it. When you have the folder named, open it.

5) Check the File name field under the large window. You may want to change the name to something more discriptive or shorter than the default file name.

6) Click the save button. You have saved the web page to your computer. You will have to do this for each page of the topic as it only saves the page you are viewing and not the whole topic.

To look at the page you just saved, open the folder you saved it in. Inside you will see a folder with the name you saved the page under and a file with the same name ending with the .htm extension. For instance, you save the page as "Pingmans Soil Mediums". You will have a folder named Pingmans Soil Mediums and a file named Pingmans Soil Mediums.htm. Now click on the file ending in htm. A browser window will pop up showing the page you saved.

Hope this helps.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! I have pingman's soil mix! Thank you very much! Now to tackle the thread that had all those photos in it and that other thread on seed germination tips!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Dec. 27 2004,6:11)]Jim, I tried to right click but all it is doing is saving the web page in my Internet Explorer "My Favorites". I don't think they archive these threads for ever.
    Looks like BCK covered it well. He is MY mentor with all this computer stuff! Anyways, I save pictures that came through PMs on favorites / bookmarks. Once in awhile I check to make sure they are still there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE] I can't get your links to work for your photos though. I am probably doing something wrong.

only the links under "building a water bed" work right now.

[QUOTE]
    it sure does look like you have come a long way in only 3 years. What state do you live in? I saw your P. caerula, I love that Ping and that is one I will want some day in the future. Very pretty plant.

i live in Everett, WA, about a couple blocks from the bay. i have been sucessfully growing for three years, if you count the experamental ones i would say 4 1/2. i got most of my plants from a shop in Seattle or online at www.*************** always good plants and service (were i got P.caerula). i was given for christmas last year the club membership they offer which is why my plants have tripled.
    -jULIE-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast