I'll assume you are using Internet Explorer and not Mozilla, Firefox, etc. To save a web page on your computer:Originally Posted by [b
1) Click on "File" in the tool bar at the top of your browser.
2) Select "Save as". A box titled "Save Web Page" will pop up. At the top of the box is the "Save in" window with a drop down menu and five icons to the right of the window.
3) Make sure it is saving it to where you want it to. Ie "My Documents" or where ever you want it to be.
4) Click the third icon to "Create new folder" and name the new folder "Soil mediums" or whatever makes it easiest for you to remember the topic you will save in it. When you have the folder named, open it.
5) Check the File name field under the large window. You may want to change the name to something more discriptive or shorter than the default file name.
6) Click the save button. You have saved the web page to your computer. You will have to do this for each page of the topic as it only saves the page you are viewing and not the whole topic.
To look at the page you just saved, open the folder you saved it in. Inside you will see a folder with the name you saved the page under and a file with the same name ending with the .htm extension. For instance, you save the page as "Pingmans Soil Mediums". You will have a folder named Pingmans Soil Mediums and a file named Pingmans Soil Mediums.htm. Now click on the file ending in htm. A browser window will pop up showing the page you saved.
Hope this helps.