What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow mold

I'm having this yellow mold growing all over in my terrarium.  It has little yellow dots(that look like eggs) and now is starting to grow yellow cone shaped things growing too.  Has anyone seen this? Or is it harmful to the plants?

Understand this is just a guess, okay. The yellow mold is most lilkely a saprophyte, an organism that lives on dead organic material. Although it is most likely not dangerous to your plants, it is always a good idea to eradicate the mold.

When you repot, sterilize everything with clorox/bleach. Wash pots thoroughly and sterilize. Anybody else have any suggestions?

thanks for the tip....in just a couple days it has developed huge bright yellow mushrooms. Going to start over I guess, I just wanted to wait because I had just planted 3 CV's in there about 3 weeks ago.

Back