User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried lighting with t-5's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ Jan. 31 2005,2:41)]Are there actually UV spectrum LEDs? It's not impossible, but doesn't seem very likely. UV is what a lot of reef tanks need, isn't it?
    Yes, in fact, there ARE near-UV spectrum LEDs, with 395 nm output.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the old 2tube t12 shoplights. They are not very bright though and most CPs need lots of bright light. So you need to have them a few inches above the plants and for a standard depth shelf at least 2 -2tube fixtures.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also use reflective stuff, like Mylar or even aluminum foil to help out.
    The aquarium buffs probably don't do this(picturing blind fish tapping around the tanks with canes...) .

Cheers,

Joe

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about emitting actual UV (A,B,or C) but I do know that there are setups popping up in intensive hobbyist collections for very specific applications. You're talking about 500-1000 lights pushing 5-10 lumens each of very efficient PAR light. For example Marijuana growers are beginning to use them (a few here and there) BUT if an annual can be grown indoor with them then anything can with a tailored spectrum. Annuals require extreme amounts of light to grow healthy (direct sun usually). I beleive trials are still being done, but so far it looking like a possible equivalent to 1000wtt MH at only 300wtts or so.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Feb. 16 2005,12:23)]For example Marijuana growers are beginning to use them (a few here and there) BUT if an annual can be grown indoor with them then anything can with a tailored spectrum.
    Hi Joe,

that really sounds interesting! Can you provide a link?

Cheers,
    Jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hold on, gimme a minute. I'll find it.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK,

1) Firstly, I am in NO way responsible for the content of the following links. I have not had any problems BUT I am just saying.

2) The following links may contain vulgar language or any number of mature subjects. You must also be 18 to veiw these links. Again I am not responsible.

While possesion of Marijuana is illegal as well as growing it, you must remember that these people make a living or are growing a product with a superior cash value. As a result these people are on to the latest in technology to get the healthiest plants for the cheapest overall cost. (Profit and overhead). I DO NOT CONDONE any use or growing of any illegal plant but these growers are far superior in technology and latest advancements in Botany.

link

more link

another

another

another 1

another 2

another 3

another 4

last

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast