What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer fan

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Ahhh I keep changing my mind whether to post or not. Finally made it up though. Is this a good buy for a 10 gal aquarium? Fan

How big is your Aq? If its 55gl or less you should be fine. Careful hookin it up, I'v blown 'em out before then they're no good.

Joe

Do you have a 12VDC power source?

ahh? I'm new to this sorta thing... help me out on what I need to be able to run it through an outlet.

I have 4 or 5 of these things lying around... I'm curious how to power them too.

ya wanna by me one to lol. i would like to know how to hook up. thanks

brad

Okay, guys where are those worn out old pcs just lying around. Look for anybody with some old cases with power supplies that work. Dads, school buddies, everyone knows somebody that these old worthless units sitting around collecting dust etc.

I buy these by the dozen, just because it is cheaper on shipping and run several off a single power supply from an old computer. Adaptors are available at circuit city, best buy, maybe other places to use existing connectors or cut and splice.

I haven't had any "blow-up" yet, but you never know.

Good luck, and be careful.

or go to radio shuck and get the right power pack. They're like less then 5 bux. If you can't figure out which one to buy, just bring in the fan and any competant worker should be able to figure it out for you.

Back