What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This ok?

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
I was thinking of getting this growlight for my plants. Here is the link below.
http://www2.yardiac.com/details....id=2308

What do you think about this grow light system? If I were to get it, how close should the lamp be awayy from the plants? Help will be greatly appreciated.

I have one and it is very nice for the height adjustment...I didn't pay $70 for it tho, more like $30. What plants are you trying to grow under it?

You could make something very similar out of pvc pipe and shoplights for a great deal less.

Mainly sundews like these (Drosera capensis, Drosera spatulata, Drosera adelae).

Ah, well I'd say get it as close as you can, because fluorescents don't generate much heat at all, but because of the D. adelae...it might not like it that bright...perhaps you could move that one in the vincinity of the illuminated area, so its not getting all the light, like the other plants will be.

Those particular plants do very well on window sills, open tray, without the expense of artificial light.

I still say you're better off with more inexpensive CFL setups than this. In the other two threads you've started about inexpensive lighting options I've posted links.

$9 for an 85W bulb and $5 for a clamp-on or other standard base fixture is an excellent deal. You can buy 5 of those setups for the cost of the fixture you liked to...

Sam

Yeah, but my parents DO NOT want me to have a grow light with more than 40W, so that is why I would have to get the twin tube 20W fixture. I would get the other if my parents would let me.
smile_h_32.gif

window.
Sun much brighter light than artificial lights.
totally free.

Scot

Back