I'd been planing on doing this since me and my grandmother got in the same semi-monthly fight about my 29-gallon fish tank when we cleaned it, so I got sick of that crap and decided I couldn't deal with cleaning the tank as much as I needed to, so I got the fish tank converted to a dew/ping/Nep tank over the weekend and moved my N. ventricosa, D. adelae and P. primuliflora from the previous 10-gallon to the 29-gallon. Took the fish to the pet shop on Saturday and took all the water and decorations out of the tank, then on Sunday morning, instead of my usual 10:30 waking time (to not miss The X-Files at 11), I got up at 9 so I could try to get it all done before I left with Mom for the day. My grandmother "HAD NO IDEA WHAT TIME IT WAS" and slept in until just before 11, so I had to do the last half of the work myself. Went out back and washed about 50 pounds of gravel in a ridiculous process of swashing the full-power hose around in the bucket and then pouring all the water out, then poured the gravel out across some newspaper to dry, then hosed the bleach/alcohol smell off the hood parts (I had to rub them down with alchohol and then bleach the night before to kill off most of the fungus.. and since I didn't want the plastic water-gaurd under the fluorescent, I had my grandfather take it off), then turned the tank back right-side up (it was upside-down drying all night), wiped it down, put a thin layer of gravel in there, then put the hood back together, then started foiling three sides of the tank. By then my grandmother was up and The X-Files was on, so we moved it to the floor in front of the TV in the kitchen and I sat on the floor and watched The X-Files and finished foiling the tank, then taped foil over the holes in the hood where the filter and heater used to go (there's still ventilation provided by various crack-sized gaps and the vents on top of the light fixture), then moved it into my room and set it up with the plants and light, then dismantled the old 10 gallon and put it in the garage. Now I'm currently working on the long, ridiculously drawn-out process of repeatedly spraying the tank and pouring water onto the gravel until it finally starts condensing instead of evaporating. I have no idea how this works.. I mean, each time I replace the exact same amount of water on the glass and gravel, so it's not like the moisture amount is gradually building up. But it never starts actually creating humidity until you do it three thousand times. Go figure. Anyhoo, so that's what's what.