What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog garden

today, i put in the new pond and im planning on putting a bog with cps in it, behind the pond. im justing wondering if i can put my s. flava and ssp. purpea in it, ther both kinda small and dident know if they could handle it. plus if anybody has any helpful hints or anything at all that could help me, plz do tell.

thanks, jon m. zone 5 MA

I haven't done so myself, on a grand scale such as yours, butI DO have a small purp in a mini-bog, as we speak, as well a D. filiformis seedlings as wel as Darlingtonia seedlings. Remember, in the wild, adult plants start out as seedlings at some point. But also in the wild, you have survival of the fittest, competition, attrition, etc... that goes unnoticed. YOU will notice when critters get into your bog garden. As some people can attest (LauraZ5), you will probably need to take some steps toward physical barriers.

k, thanks

Back