User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3-prong timer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my husband, and I also love that he works at Lowes! I was lamenting to him this morning that I couldn't find a timer for my new light fixture that was 3-prong (grounded).

He gave me a puzzled look, then drove me to Lowes and showed me the selection they had... How had I missed that? They had several types, including one built into a power strip!

Happy to be well-grounded....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Anoxos @ June 20 2005,6:49)]I love my husband, and I also love that he works at Lowes! I was lamenting to him this morning that I couldn't find a timer for my new light fixture that was 3-prong (grounded).

He gave me a puzzled look, then drove me to Lowes and showed me the selection they had... How had I missed that? They had several types, including one built into a power strip!

Happy to be well-grounded....
    oh man, the one built into the power strip sounds EXACTLY like what I need. I have my lights, fan, and timer all set up through a crazy chain of stuff...I'm afraid something is going to catch on fire [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the info!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the timer I use... Half of the outlets are timmed by the onboard timmer, the others are always on... There is a switch on the side where you can over ride the timer and turn those outlets on also... for that late at night urge to look at the plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I got it from lowes for I think just under 25 bucks.

Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really need one of those! But, unfortunately, I can't find one at my local Lowe's or Home depot. Maybe I'll search their websites and order them online.

Nooget, I know what you mean! As for now, I bought a cheap ($5) timer from lowes, plugged it into the wall, and connected an outlet strip to the timer. I then plugged in all my cords into the strip.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Intermatic DT17 digital timer which has a grounded plug and costs $20 at Home Depot (I don't remember if Lowes has this one). It has a variety of features such as multiple on/off times per day (useful for something like periodic humidification) or differing on/off times based on the day of the week.

It supports up to 500W and can be used with a standard power strip thanks to the grounded plug.

They also have a lower end model that is not grounded for $10.

-Ben