What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-prong timer

I love my husband, and I also love that he works at Lowes! I was lamenting to him this morning that I couldn't find a timer for my new light fixture that was 3-prong (grounded).

He gave me a puzzled look, then drove me to Lowes and showed me the selection they had... How had I missed that? They had several types, including one built into a power strip!

Happy to be well-grounded....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Anoxos @ June 20 2005,6:49)]I love my husband, and I also love that he works at Lowes! I was lamenting to him this morning that I couldn't find a timer for my new light fixture that was 3-prong (grounded).

He gave me a puzzled look, then drove me to Lowes and showed me the selection they had... How had I missed that? They had several types, including one built into a power strip!

Happy to be well-grounded....
oh man, the one built into the power strip sounds EXACTLY like what I need. I have my lights, fan, and timer all set up through a crazy chain of stuff...I'm afraid something is going to catch on fire
smile.gif
Thanks for the info!

This is the timer I use... Half of the outlets are timmed by the onboard timmer, the others are always on... There is a switch on the side where you can over ride the timer and turn those outlets on also... for that late at night urge to look at the plants.
smile_n_32.gif
I got it from lowes for I think just under 25 bucks.
799784765.jpg

Andrew

I really need one of those! But, unfortunately, I can't find one at my local Lowe's or Home depot. Maybe I'll search their websites and order them online.

Nooget, I know what you mean! As for now, I bought a cheap ($5) timer from lowes, plugged it into the wall, and connected an outlet strip to the timer. I then plugged in all my cords into the strip.

I use the Intermatic DT17 digital timer which has a grounded plug and costs $20 at Home Depot (I don't remember if Lowes has this one).  It has a variety of features such as multiple on/off times per day (useful for something like periodic humidification) or differing on/off times based on the day of the week.

It supports up to 500W and can be used with a standard power strip thanks to the grounded plug.

They also have a lower end model that is not grounded for $10.

-Ben

Back