Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First attempt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    I'm a newbe setting up a vivarium. I have a 90G tank (2' black cube with clear 1/2 sphere "bubbles" on the four sides. Pic Attached)

My intent is to build an island in the center, with plants and frogs, and fish in the water around the island. I have placed a tub in the tank with rocks, coco block, and a little soil. I have a small pump circulating and filtering the water.

I plan on adding some plants, and a few cheap frogs and lizards tomorrow. Is there anything I should know before proceeding? I have kept many marine aquariums, so I know how to handle the water, but I don't know what frogs and lizards are compatable. Also, I would like to start with a few cheap (and hopefully locally available. I'm in Austin, TX) plants. Anything work that I can get from the local nursery?

If this first attempt works out, I plan on moving to Dart frogs and CP's.

Any pointers or advice would be appeciated.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try home depot or lowes as they usually have carnivorous plants available, although they are usually not to healthy unless you catch them when they receive a new shipment. I don't know about some of the other questions you had, but I hope I was of some help to you.

Dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't ********** based out of Austin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Nooget @ July 03 2005,2:39)]isn't ********** based out of Austin?
    Yes, they are:

http://www.**********.com/guarantee.html

I would recommend, as a thank-you for using this forum, that you patronise PFT.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the fourm through a JungleSupply hit. ********** didn't showup on my Austin search, thanks for catching that. I'll be sure to use them.

I have my basic setup working, no plants yet, but I am having a condensation problem on the bubbles. Without vertical surfaces it doesn't seem to flow off well. Is there a way to make the surface slicker without hurting anything?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pothos could work.
    I would start with small tree frogs or a more swimming frog(Leopard, Green, Bull). Lizards, Anoles would be could, but they don't need all that humidity and water, they could drown. Maybe sometype of House Gecko? Or try a PacMan frog. They love the humidty and dirt/water areas!