Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this all a terrarium would need?
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes....ne&bc=c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would work great. Must be a big terrarium though with lights that long! Or perhaps I'm just used to having smaller terraria [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read were some people will use 1 cool white and 1 warm light in there fixtures.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what your growing and the growing situation. IE are the tubes the sole source oflight, are they supplimenting sunlight, how close to the plants are they etc. Most CP's are bright indirect light - full sun. 2 regular fluorescent tubes is barely enough for most if there are no other sources of light. You might consider looking into the 65w+ daylight compact fluorescent bulbs.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang... mine are doing pretty good with one tube.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious FlytrapGurl: How many watts is your one tube and what plants are you growing under it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I'm finally understanding this light stuff. Please bare and help me. *lol*

I've been going everywhere searching lights for my terrarium. I just have a 10gal with Sundews. Currently I have a GrowLight on it and a Daylight bulb and it's near a window. I know, I know, "cool lights are cheaper than growlights they arnt special". But the cool ones for some odd reason are $7 here and the Grow one was only $5. The reason I showed the 48" one, b/c thoses were cheap and the fixture for it is $3. I thought $7 would be a good deal for it. But then again those are huge. How many watts/lumens should be per gal/plant? I only have a few Sundews. And currently just LanceLeaf.

What 'exactly' do you use? Lights/GalTerrarium/Plants? What would you suggest for me?

Like I say, everywhere I research, oh cool white long bulbs good and cheap. Well, I looked at a 2 foot fixture that I could hang above my tank and the bulb for just one cool white was $9! And everywhere I read people say it's like $1-$2! I was so confused shopping. *lol* I just got me a growlight.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. adelae doesn't need much light at all. you could grow it in a fishbowl in a bathroom windowsill if you wanted. point being they don't need much light at all.

i use exactly 440 watts of vho about over a standard 75 gal terrarium (18in/48in/?in) i've got everything in there. drosera, nepenthes, cephalotus, utricularia, etc

it still isn't enough light IMO to make great dew-laden plants, other than D. adelae.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast