What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp vivarium

Hey all,
I want to create a mostly cp vivarium. Anyone have an idea whats a good starting place. I dont know what other plants to use, what animals to add, how to build one, how to do air and water circulation, ect. I have a 20L tank with two twin 40 watt bulb flourcent lighting fixtures. I have a couple of cps i want to include (N. Llowii, N. ventricosa, d. capensis typical and red, d. spatulata and several others i was thinking of getting) Other than that, im lost. Any advice, websites, ect would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sorry, but I've never had a vivarium that mixed CPs with animals. You can use a CPU fan for air circulation. Your 80W fluro lighting is what I use on my 20gal long, so that sounds good. As far as water circulation, I've never had to deal with that issue, but perhaps an aerator will do? Your best bet with this issue (and the animals) is to go to the reptile/amphibian forum. There's PLENTY of very detailed info in this forum on how to setup a terrarium (lighting, air circulation, etc.) that I know you'de find helpful.

Good luck.

I would check out the plethora of topics initiated by Yuri Wildcat, on page 4 of this individual forum. Perhaps there is useful info.

In the Greenhouse forum, page four, there are a bazillion topics started by Yuri Wildcat, with similar ideas in mind. One of them was about a vivarium.

Back