What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A promising way to grow nephs

losfreddy

Composter
The problem of growing Nephs is that mold takes over before you can grow anything. if it need to be high and acidic can't you use coffee? A mixture of Coir, Verm, Peat and perlite hydrated in diluted coffed and water. Coffee is high and acidic. and to take care of the problem of mold. put it in a microwave safe tubberware and microwave it for 5 minutes. that'll kill any mold spores or contamination. then you can leave the lid on the tubberware to hold humidiy and keep out airborn contaminates. it sounds like it'll work.

I grow my lowland Neps in my grow chamber. It is very humid and warm, and i have no mold. I grow them in 100% LFS, and have had no mold problem.

I suspect the coir may be the problem. It may not do well under those conditions.

i dunno. i find coir to be very absorbant and resist mold if used properly. and the coffee to increase acidity, thats the main part. if the coir is mostly nuetral and CP need acidiy., cant you increase acidity with coffee and plus maybe get it a boost start off the caffine?

Sounds like a good experiment

caffein is a drug that affects the central nervous system.

Back