About me and my trading habits: I am a reputable grower living in the Semi-Arid Meditarranian climate of San Diego. I like plants that grow well here! Typical humidity: 45-70% Temperatures: 31-103 degrees F. I grow the vast majority of my plants outside. I try to trade honestly and fairly, but will take a bargain if presented one I can not receive seed from outside the US, and will only trade my seed for non-biological items internationally.
I don't really like hybrid CPs!
I'm pretty easy-going and try hard to be pleasant, but I don't have much free time, so I may not want to carry on a lengthy conversation.
Most of my plants are mature and quite a large size. I've done tons of trades and know how to pack.
Approximate number of seeds per pack (depends on species):
Varieties I have for trade:
(Cuttings generally available on all dews. Plants and seed sometimes for trade)
(Photos represent the genetic makeup of my plants and not the plant(s) you'll get.)
D. binata "dichotoma" 2 clones available; Seed and Plants available
D. capensis: plant has a red streak on underside of leaves in bright light, Seed and Plants
D. capensis ‘Albino’ : Seed and plants
D. capensis "Broadleaf": Seed and plants, seed-grown plantlets
D. spatulata “pink flower”: Seed and plants
D. filiformis "FL Red": Plants and seed
D. indica "Pale Pink Flower": Seed and plants, very strong!
D. venusta: My favorite SA sundew, Plants and seed available
D. aliciae: Plants available
D. rotundifolia: Plants location data
D. natalensis seed
D. burmannii: Seed and plants
D. intermedia ‘Cuba’: Seed Available
U. subulata: Seed/plants
U. Sandersonii plants with purple flowers
S. oreophila 'Sand mountain' Mature plant and seed, CA only, otherwise gift
S. leucophylla: (seed grown)--mature; 1x Plants, seed (from different plant) available
S. alata Greene co. Mississippi: seed
Peanut Cactus, clone from Mexico. C. silvestrii: Unrooted plant portions (roots easily)
Notocactus mammulosus: Seed, one small plant
Plants and Things I'm looking for
I may not want things already on my growlist, but am sometimes looking for more genetic variety!
- Sundews! Location data expecially wanted.
- South African dews...seed with location data best.
- Terrestrial utrics...seed prefered.
- Genlisia seed/plants
- Drosophyllum Seed, cross-polination preferred
- Butterworts! P. lutea and planifolia seed prefered
1. Silver coins (for example, silver American Eagles)--I collect those.
1. Books on Cps
1. Quality LFSM
1. Metal detector
1. Good microscope
1. Quality tools
1. STRONG Magnets
1. Quality LASERs
2. Working digital point-n-shoot camera
2. Alphasmart 3000 (a keyboard computer like thing)
2. Electronic kits
2. Quality gadgets
2. Foreign currency (esp. Yuan)
3. Electronic parts (not junk)
3. Sound scooper (those things with the dish on top that hear sounds from far away)
3. Computer game: Universal Combat-collector’s edition or Universal Combat gold
And other things!
Will trade for postage (stamps)
PM or Email me!