What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 neps to id

I had thought these were lowland hybrids, but now have my doubts. I would like to grow them in the right place, so any help you can offer would be great.
Unknown #1
398unkn_stem.JPG
398unkn_pit.JPG

398unkn_plant.JPG

398unkn_tip.JPG

I have an idea what it might be, but would like some confirmation.

Unknown # 2 has much smaller pitchers and the pitcher lid is sunken before it opens.
398unk_stem.JPG
398unk_pit.JPG

398unk_pla.JPG

398unk_leaf.JPG

yeah the first one does look like the one that i have!

Unknown#2 looks like a N.ventrata to me. Not sure about the forst one though.

I dont think nr 2 is ventrata. the leaves doesnt look like it.

No other input? I was thinking #1 is 'Gentle', although someone else suggested 'Miranda' and #2 might be Judith Finn. Does that look right to anyone?

im no expert in neps
but nr 1 looks like gentle I think miranda looks a little different.
Cant help you on nr 2 tho

I am inclined to agree on #1....It is definately a fusca hybrid of some sort.

SR,

is #2 the cutting you got from me?? If so then it is the (tobica x ovata) x veitchii hybrid (the lid on mine does that pop in thing for every pitcher)

If it is that cutting then I have been treating it like an intermediate, outside all spring/summer and then inside when the temps hit 50.

No, I have your cutting labelled. It is starting to unfold a new leaf and a pitcher bud is starting to develop. Is yours getting a nice red color like the EP pic? I do keep track of the names of plants I receive from people, (at least now I do).

These two came as unknowns from two different sellers as extra plants to a friend, and he decided he didn't really want to grow unknowns, especially hybrids, and I thought I would see what they look like. He thought they were lowland hybrids, but wasn't sure. I have moved them out of my lowland greenhouse and into the outdoors with the rest of my highland plants as the gentle? didn't like it in there, (but was starting to adapt anyway), and the other one has leaves like spathulata. They seem to be doing fine outdoors so far.

Thanks for the input - any other opinions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Dec. 03 2005,9:24)]...he decided he didn't really want to grow unknowns, especially HYBRIDS...
hey!
smile_m_32.gif

SR,

Yeah mine get good and red. There is some slight green tint to them but over all it is varying shades of red from pure upto an almost purple.

Back