What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Help Needed

Got this D. adelae at Lowe's in a small cube a while ago. I just found this extra stowaway in the pot. I'm sure it's something common, but not something I have otherwise. Can someone tell me what it is?

Sorry about the crappy picture. Thanks for the help!!

1767503UnknownDrosera.jpg

Drosera capillaris is my guess

Actually, it could be a small D. adelae developing from an older leaf.

-Ben

It's actually small D. adelae coming up from the roots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Dec. 20 2005,2:54)]It's actually small D. adelae coming up from the roots.
Just what Seandew said.

I have the same thing going on with my D. adelae although i cant get a good close up shot i did get a pic with a arrow pointing at it, my D.adelae has 2 growing points and its a very tiny young plant then i noticed this stowaway that poped up next to one of the leafs from the adelae.

stowawaydew.jpg

My guess is it is a young D. adelae with rounder leafs?
smile_l_32.gif

It is a young D. adelae. They will eventually start to develop their lance leaves as they get larger. It seems most young drosera look like that at first, at least to me.

Forever a newbie...

I should have known it was just an offspring of the D. adelae. It is growing near the base of the plant. Duh!

Thanks for the lesson, fellow CPers!

No sweat, Jax. Even d. binata has a stage as a seedling where it could pass for d. rotundifolia.

Back