Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes X?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some of those I have been growing for over 6 years. The upper pitchers are really cool looking and fairly large for upper pitchers. I heard that it may be a maxima x alata hybrid, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. One peculiar trait I have noticed is that after it blooms, (male), the blooming vine dies within a year, but it seems to always produce 3 basals. I posted some pics of mine here:

Question from the new guy

The first picture I posted is actually a slightly different looking hybrid from Gubler, (I think), but it looks a lot like N. 'Gentle' - did Gubler ever sell these? - or maybe I got it from somewhere else.
    The uppers on the second page with a cute little crab spider that was sharing the bounty have identical looking lowers like yours.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could it be N. x Mixta??
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an UNKNOWN N. maxima hybrid. Gublers doesn't even know what it is. Could it be N. Mixta ... MAYBE It could also be any one of a dozen other hybrids (maybe a slight exaggeration but not by much). The point is it is unknown. Putting a name on it would be improper. Only in clear cases would I ever recommend a name for an unknow plant. Your best bet is to label it 'N. maxima hybrid'

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12