Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plant clearance plants - Say that three times fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can't see the details on the middle one but my guess at this point is a Euphorbia typically called pencil bush or pencil Euphorbia or something similar
    pencil euphorbia
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, that looks like the one i got
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks for all the great info guys. So do you guys think it would be cool if I just potted all these in a mix of peat, perlite, and maybe some orchid bark?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go real lite on the peat with the orchid. I didn't use any. I potted mine thin layer of live sphag on the bottom to keep perlite in. Then 2/3 of the pot was 100% perlite, then 100% live sphag until the pot was full... Dunno if that is any good.

Everything else I stuck in my standard CP mix 1:1:1 peaterlite:sand. I picked at the soil that was attached to the roots and made a guess from that..
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. I didn't have any time to pot my plants up today, but I think I'll do what you did. Just the standard CP mix, except for the orchid which I have a bag of Orchid Bark for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Euphorb would like peat, sand, perlite, and some osmocote. I have one growing in that, and it seems to do ok.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same exact plants in my "goodie" bag, I will step out and feel pretty dumb. Some say a mixture of sand. Would filter sand be safe to use? What type of sand if not?

Also, the soil the plants came in have some type of silverish flakes in them, which I will be honest and say Ive never seen.

My current mix is peat and perlite, however some say they use 1/1 of peat and perlite. I have never used that much perlite, mostly peat and a handful of perlite. (maybe thats wrong?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The silver flakes were probably vermiculite. I would just use a simple potting soil for all of the plants except the orchid.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast