Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NC Sundews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright new update: although they look nothing like most of the Brevifolia on Google, This Site are the spitting image(if not the exact same type) of what i have!! so i thought to myself...maby Brevifolia from different areas look different! AHA!
    Steve: my biggest one is bigger than one inch but most others are smaller
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants on that website look like D. rotundifolia.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta agree with Ben here those wesite photos look like rotundifolia. My brevifolia are only about an 1" across. They are also in bud right now so I'll try to get some pics for you too. They have done well indoors under lights since I got them last spring as babies. I've heard they are annuals but they seem to be growing well so far. I'd cut the flowers off half just in case to help them preserve energy. Check our Bob Z's photofinder for some excellent pics. (You might as well make it a favorite while you at it.) I'm addicted

Mine came from N.C. too, although they were from EBAY !! From the guys ditch in front of his house.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok this picture is the same i have(its brevifolia)...alot of tentacles on the petiole, longer petioles, same leaf shape(i still cant tell size of it)...i just measured my largest single specimine and its 2 inches to a "T" everything else is below that. Good match?
    Thanks
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the other pics look like D. capillaris to me, lol. The lamina don't look wide enough for rotundifolia.
    Your original pic looks like D. brevifolia. The plants are kind of hard to focus on, but like Bugweed said, the flower is a dead ringer.
    I would love one of thoese as they look very nice.
    If you get seed down the road, think of me and maybe we can trade.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 inches is unusually large for brevifolia, but they have been known................... Strange plants! The leaf is very variable, and can fool anybody, but the flower says it all! I am waiting, Glider!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    almost all of them are sending up stalks so i will definantly get seed in the future. they are staying outside right now and they are getting direct sun(like they were in NC) they are alrady producing dew so im very happy and they look happy too . i am wondeing since NC has about the same climate as me, will the seed last through zone 6 winter? i was hoping to permenantly growing some outside. another thing. occasionally we CAN get a light drought in mid-summer. in the case of that would i still have to use pure water or could i use water from my hose?
    thanks again
    alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need no dormancy. A winter there would wipe them out. Indoors, under lights in the winter. MAKE SURE the flower stalks have the glandular hairs and mucilage. THAT is your true ID!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast