Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NC Sundews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey can sombody ID these sundews from North Carolina?
    thanks
    Alex

Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like d. brevifolia, Glider. However, the flower stalks are not very clear. D. brevifolia is easy to distinguish from any other drosera as it is covered with miniscule glandular hairs, complete with mucilage! Look real close, and use a magnifying glass if you have to.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have actually very very good eyes on one or two i can see the glandulars go all the way down the petiole. so maby its a good ID? well i live in KY, Steve, and my aunts friend lives in NC. he offered me some plants for my birthday. THEY ARE IN HIS BACK YARD!!!! is this legal? i hope it is but please verify for me!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely legal, Glider. Property owners can give you whatever they want that is living in the yard, back or front! If THEY own it is why. They can give you anything on their property because they own EVERYTHING that is on it, including d. brevifolia. Written documentation along with the plants is a VERY GOOD idea. Covers your behind. Send me a few of those, will you? Location info too for my records, if you can.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just get a couple for everyone on the boards.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol yall crack me up. ill ask him if he can send some to you two and only you two and maby one more to the next person to post just like an auction haha...if you want it that is Gawd_oOo
    tell me Steve do these need a dormancy? and do they grow well under growlights?
    thanks
    alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow that was fast! i got them today. i love overnight shipping. i was expecting a few plants but i got OVER 15 plants with at least 6 big ones. they are in bud right now so i hope to see some flowers soon.
    Steve: once they have acclimated to my condiditons and gotten over shipping shock i will send you a few. maby ill trade some for somthing
    alex
    EDIT:i was browsing for care info and almost none of the pictures online about D. Brevifolia look like mine. the petioles are longer and the tentacles dont go all the way the the growth point. *sigh* another mystery Drosera on our hands. onece they start to perk up i will get a closer picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider, its not a mystery. Just something unfamiliar to you. I am certain they are d. brevifolia, but also look into the ranges of d. capillaris, and see if that is more likely. HOWEVER! D. capillaris has pink flowers, not white. D. intermedia has white flowers, and are completely different looking from what you have. Brevifolia can have white flowers, or pink. D. brevifolia is very small! Less than an inch across, and more commonly, around 1/2 inch.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast