Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unknown dews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmm, I dunno. The first appears to be a Drosera spatulata form. If the flowers are white is likely a NZ form. Get me a shot later from the side, buds/stipules/bracts and best yet flowers and I might venture a better opinion. The second photo shows lamina that are sort of trucate - could be a South African, suggestive of D. natalensis....but these are shots in the dark so don't write up any labels just yet.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thats about what my guess was although i dont remember recieving any spatulata other than the Hong Kong form from Rex. and i figured the second was a south african as some sort will get more pics as i have time. flowers should open by the end of the week and ill go home for lunch and try and get a pic of them.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe D. dielsiana?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bottom picture doesn't look like either of those 2. The tentacles extend to close to the base of the leaves. And D. natalensis atleast the (Zimbabwe, Chimanimani Mnts) form narrows out much more at the base of the leaf.

I'd say it looks more like D. admirabilis
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not any D. admirabilis that I have been aquainted with, and the Zimbabwe form is very atypical for D. natalensis. Not saying it IS D. natalensis. D. dielsiana is also highly variable and I would not eliminate that possibility either. Time will tell.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bugweed is going to come any second and say 'You can only tell when it flowers. Flowers set species apart not leaf shape!' ya i called it.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing with the South African species is that many of the forms "morph" into others as you view them in different points in their growth. I have had D. aliciae die back, and when restarting growth I'd have bet my Stetson hat it was D. dielsiana. Later in growth, it was its old self.

Looking at the photo again, there are too many leaves for either D. natalensis or D. dielsiana. With this form, I'd probably go with Alice's Sundew, focusing on the truncate lamina.

All is guessing games without a good floral shot or seed testa details.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast