What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bladderwort

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I found this plant growing in a really deep ditch. It's located in Brunswick county in southeastern NC. I didn't see any traps, but I'm assuming its a bladderwort.

144970230O357295035.jpg

144970217O420005391.jpg

144970237O221600552.jpg

144970255O620669177.jpg

144970258O472323529.jpg

144970289O312616947.jpg

I have never been very good with id'ing bladderworts.

Hard to say... but what caught my attention was the location data. I was given a D. intermedia from Cool85 2 years ago, from that locale. The offspring thereof are currently sending up flower stalks.
D_intermedia_Carolina_Giant_Brunswi.jpg

I live in Brunswick county. I've seen thousands of those. They grow all over the place.

So they started with you and went to Bugweed and then to Cookl85k5?

No, I don't know who collected them.

Hey Ozzy,
Is that any where near Bollan Springs?
Or is that Boiling Springs?
Lois

Where I found this plant was on the other side of the county from Boiling Spring Lakes. I'm near the SC state line. Boiling Spring Lakes is closer to Wilmington. Why you ever been there?

I can't tell if it has bladders or not. If not, then it looks like something we have in out lake.

It doesn't look like it has bladders, but the "network" of leafy things looks exactly like what I picture in my mind of bladderworts. Maybe it's just some hornwort though, like Clint said.

-Ben

Hey there Ozzy,
Yes last October.
That is where I saw my first VFts, Flava , Rubra, Purp, D. intermedia and unknown yellow flowering utriculaia , in the wild. What  a rush!!!
It must have been what Columbus felt when he discovered the Pacific Ocean,LOL
Lois

You should have contacted me while you were here. I could have given you a proper tour of the local cp's. I could have showed way more than what you saw.

Didn't we talk about this once, or was it somebody else?

Yes, ozzy
we talked about it before. if i ever get back that way will definitely look you up.
Lois

Cool, I thought that was you.

Back