User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drosera capensis and Drosera....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks exactly like D. aliciae, except for the color, which is strange. looks super healthy though.

if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if it came out of TC they usually dont get much light. i have yet to see a good looking department store CP.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants in your initial photo appear to be Drosera capensis and Drosera aliciae, though they are so light deprived as to be somewhat amorphous. If you gradually increase their light until it is nearly 100% full sun in intensity, they will appear more distinctly, themselves, and your identification will then be easier as they should begin to bloom soon thereafter.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately i don't think they will get sun light soon. only in summer we have more sunny days. and now it's clouded and it will stay like this for a long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get one of the compact florescent bulbs... the ones that are labled like Energy efficient or somthing like that. Here is a site for what they look like. they are not usually that expensive though. i have a good portion of my plants under just ONE of these. my D. capensis "Red" is getting darker and my D. alicae seedlings are also turning a nice red. i have it(it has a 60 watt output but uses only like...20 watts or somthing like that) over a 10 gallon tank.
    Alex

Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant it be bought in common supermarket?
    well those two are in my ofice, were daylight lamps are turn on all the day. maybe it's enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they can. i forgot to mention that it depends what kind of lightbulbs those lamps are using... i really reccomend those CF bubls though. 2 of them should be enough
    Alex

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have access to DIY? They should sell fluorescent lights. The light itself should be ~6" away from the plants. Um.... now how does that conversion of inches to centimeters go, again?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast