Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ID this Sarracenia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did the plant come from again? I'm almost positive this is S.xreadii. I've grown it for many years and have seen it countless times in its natural habitat (in its countless forms and variations). I've also grown judith Hindle and have only ever seen it look like 'Judith Hindle'. I certainly understand your reasoning as Judith Hindle is mass produced and widely available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Woodnative could be right, too. I am not the last word in sarracenia, and only time a good sun will tell. I, like Manny, am going by what I have seen, but it isn't yet the proper season to be absolutely sure.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woodnative, how on earth can you say it is a 'Judith Hindle', it looks nothing like it whatsoever! The big giveaway is the lip, Judith is almost straight across without the leuco "pout" shown by all the pitchers on this plant. No amount of sun is going to change it into a 'Judith Hindle'....

I am quite amazed that as soon as someone posts an unidentified hybrid in this thread there are always a few votes for 'Judith Hindle'...is this the only hybrid you guys have ever seen?
    Stephen
    Sarracenia rosea?...don't be ridiculous!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe it's a 'Judith Hindle" either, but you could have been a little bit nicer about it, Stephen.

I think it's S. x readii because the pitcher starts to get "puffy" under the peristome. Lol, It's a bad way to describe something but I call 'em like I see 'em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I have never seen a Judith Hindle, but tons of S. X readii. I do have S. X "Diane Whittaker" from Mike King, but "Judith Hindle" I just don't know. I still am convinced it to be S. X readii with little color.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen's observation about all the 'Judith Hindle' voters is kinda funny. I've kinda noticed that too. I think part of the reason is because it's so widespread. People just assume it's the most likely candidate. But...when it's not a 'Judith Hindle, it's not a 'Judith Hindle'.

Bugweed...I'm surprised you haven't seen a 'Judith Hindle'. It was one of those elusive, all-desired hybrids back before it was tissue cultured. Now they're everywhere.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, maybe one day 'Leah Wilkerson" will be TC'd and be widespread and hum-drum and people will argue over what it is.

"How come everyone always sees a hybrid and says its 'Leah Wilkerson'?!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great. I wouldn't have any objections.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast