What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. esseriana or jauvamensis?

little help on the id please?

img3015jv4.jpg

Yup, it is deffinitly one of those.

QUite seriously I have never been able to distinguish between the two nor have I met anyone who can from pics or plants. Not sure what genius decided they were worthy of seperating.

Yup, it is deffinitly one of those.

QUite seriously I have never been able to distinguish between the two nor have I met anyone who can from pics or plants. Not sure what genius decided they were worthy of seperating.

Ego. Publish or perish. Take your pick.

P. esseriana
P. jaumavensis

by looking at the flowers. P. jaumavensis has darkish streaks on the inside of the flower....P. esseriana doesn't. by looking at these pics and yours i say you have esseriana
Alex

from the pics it looks more like P. esseriana

by looking at the flowers. P. jaumavensis has darkish streaks on the inside of the flower....P. esseriana doesn't. by looking at these pics and yours i say you have esseriana
Alex

This is not necessarily true. I have a jauvamensis clone that lacks the streaks and an esseriana that has streaks.

Thanks all, I think I'll have to go with P. esseriana as well. Mine seems to have the less rounded petals with space between them as well as the non overlapping top two petals.

Back