What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of Sarrs

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
These are posted in the seasonal sarr pics thread, but I thought it more appropriate here,
unknown A
100_5768.jpg

100_5759.jpg

100_5758.jpg

unknown B
100_5765.jpg

100_5763.jpg

unknown C (the red flowers belong to these)
100_5761.jpg

100_5760.jpg

Any help would be great!

A looks to be a flava rubricorpora but I would not discount that it is a hybrid with something like alata balck.

B is tricky. Definitly purp in there, maybe purp x rubra

C is a moorei form. Probably (flava x leuco) x leuco because of the high red level of the blooms

A is definitely some sort of flava rubricorpora. It could have something else in it. This one is very nice. I've never seen it.

B. is a purp hybrid. Probably w/ rubra as Pyro said.

C looks like a moorei, but the lower left hand pitcher seems to have minor influence. But the flower is really red. So I don't think it could be moorei x minor. This one is throwing me off.

A was purchased as flava "Copper Top" from Courting Frogs Nursery in 2001/2002.
B and C are complex crosses I purchased from California Carnivores in 2000/2001/2002 as 2 yr old plants. The tags were lost or misplaced when I moved cross country to Louisiana from Washington state. (Yes, I looked like the Beverly Hillbillies with a top rack on my Jepp full of sarrs and other CPs - that was the only reason the moving van did not take the car for me!!)

I have 3 of the remaining tags:
x wrigleyana x leuco
(purp x leuco) x (x excellens)
(x swaniana) x (x popei) MAYBE B?
If you think any of these match the above please let me know. If you have pics of any of the 3 please post for me

Thanks!

I can not say about B but C is none of those 3. That throat blotch is definite flava influence

I wrote Cal. Carnivores and got an almost immediate response from Peter. I emailed him these pics, we'll see what he thinks, too.

C. may be (flava x minor) x leucophylla(greenish form) the curved hood says somthing... maby alata or minor...
Alex

I clearly see S. minor in "C".

-Ben

you sure those arent "leuco spots" ? that is why i wasnt certain if it was alata or minor.
Alex

Back