What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID needed for those Pinguicula

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

At first I would like to wish you all Happy 2008 Year.
I get three Pings last two week and I need your expertise to ID them because one of them growing no well. Your sharing be appreciated.

15478_200712251909211.jpg

15478_200712251909212.jpg

15478_200712251909213.jpg

Welcome to TF! I'm horrible at IDing, but I can tell you that they are all Mexican butterworts. They're fine as they are. Provide good lighting, window sill or artificial is best. Keep slightly moist and open to the air. Mine did well, coloring up, when I had them at a window sill, with the screen window between them and direct sunlight.

lol are those black thing on the last picture bugs or dirt?

Welcome to TF! I'm horrible at IDing, but I can tell you that they are all Mexican butterworts. They're fine as they are. Provide good lighting, window sill or artificial is best. Keep slightly moist and open to the air. Mine did well, coloring up, when I had them at a window sill, with the screen window between them and direct sunlight.

Hi Jim, here is the picture how i plant those Ping.

15478_200801012259193.jpg

lol are those black thing on the last picture bugs or dirt?
Hi Upper, those were bugs before :-))

3rd pic Ping's flower.
15478_200801041009233.jpg

they're beautiful, only thing i dont like about ping is that i heard most the leaf are regular.

they're beautiful, only thing i dont like about ping is that i heard most the leaf are regular.

Well, I could be luck person has four type of Ping with different leaf.
My another Ping, P.primuliflora

15478_200801041009234.jpg

The one with the flower is agnata or an agnata hybrid, kind of hard to tell from the lighting of the pic and the bleached out look of the bloom.

I would suggest upping the light levels for them. Just off the top of my head.

You're welcome to wade through my plant album to see if anything looks enough like what you have:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/straus_2006/?start=all

P. moranensis, ehleresiae, and agnata come to mind, but I wouldn't bet the farm on them!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/jimscott/?start=all

Hard to identified by myself.

The one with the flower is agnata or an agnata hybrid, kind of hard to tell from the lighting of the pic and the bleached out look of the bloom.

Thanks Pyro, I will mark it on my plant.

15478_200712281035446.jpg

Anyone know this VFT type?

please dont post that in someone elses plant ID threat
post your own.
just out of respect

Actually it is his thread; but it still might be a good idea to post a new thread with a different title so the Dionaea experts don't pass over this one.

xvart.

The middle reddish butterwort is a P. reticulata ...
Not sure about the others :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The middle reddish butterwort is a P. reticulata ...
Not sure about the others :)

not reticulata. looks like P. 'Pirouette' though.

and the VFT. a typical :D
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's reticulata:

IMG_0108.jpg

and here's pirouette:

IMG_0115.jpg

Sorry to insert other CP plant in this thread and confused others.

Here is the second reddish Ping's flower.
15478_200803040122391.jpg

and this is weird flower from same Ping.
15478_200802211424052.jpg

Hi Pyro,thanks for your early tips. After few references, it close as P. xTina, a agnata hybrid.

Back