What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Sundew ID

Does anyone know what species of Drosera this is? It is the seed grown offspring of the parent I bought at a greenhouse. The parent was sold in one of those "Death Cups". Unfortunetly the parent didn't survive, but I was able to keep it long enough for it to flower. Kinda reminds me of Charlotte's Web.:-)) I'm thinking it might be intermedia.

unknownsundew.jpg

unknowndew.jpg

Any input or guesses is appreciated.

Hi Captain Hamata,
I think it's a Drosera Intermedia.
Here my D. Intermedia

Drosera Intermedia 1.jpg

Best regards
Muscipula59

Nice plants. I like the LFS you people get to grow.

its not LFS(the live stuff...) just some moss...

and yes intermedia. though i dont think you can tell if its the tropical form ofr the temperate form... the temperate form need dormancy while the tropical doesnt
Alex

D. intermedia or a young capensis.

If it's from Booman Florals than it's most likely D. intermedia because all they sell are D. capensis, D. binata (various forms), D. adelae, D. nidiformis, D. spatulata and D. intermedia

and yes intermedia. though i dont think you can tell if its the tropical form ofr the temperate form... the temperate form need dormancy while the tropical doesnt
Alex

What's interesting is there are 3 intermedias in the pot(also 1 capensis). The 2 on each side of the center one look like they're either dying or going through dormancy. All 3 seedlings came from the same parent.

sundew003.jpg

If it's from Booman Florals than it's most likely D. intermedia because all they sell are D. capensis, D. binata (various forms), D. adelae, D. nidiformis, D. spatulata and D. intermedia

Man, the only Sundew I've seen in local stores is plain 'ol D.adelae......

I've seen more variety of Sarr's than anything else.

What's interesting is there are 3 intermedias in the pot(also 1 capensis). The 2 on each side of the center one look like they're either dying or going through dormancy. All 3 seedlings came from the same parent.

Dormant - they have typical hibernacula.

That clenched fist look is a good thing, dormancy.

What's weird is that the one in the middle is still actively growing and not forming hibernacula.

That's normal they all want to do their own thing at their own time. Some just take the cues better !

Back