What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spatulata and a ?????

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
I'm thinking the one on the left is a D. spatulata.
They came from differant growers and both were labled D. spatulata.
Is the one on the right a D. spatulata also?

DSCI0521.jpg

DSCI0522.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

They really both do look like spatulata. The leaf part gradually thickens toward the trap and the trap is definitely spatula-shaped. Another possibility D. dielsiana.

Rosetted sundews all confuse the devil out of me......

Spatulata, Dielsiana, Slackii, Tokaiensis etc. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all the same plant with separate growing variations.

I dunno, they all look the same to me. ???

Its definitely possible that they are both D. Spathulata, as Spathulata is such a widely distributed/variable species. (E.G the Fraser Island form is much more reddish then the typical form) The shape seems right :0 *raises eyebrow*

Last edited:
Remember Tamlin's rule of thumb for D. spatulata: "If it looks like spatulata it is spatulata"

Remember Tamlin's rule of thumb for D. spatulata: "If it looks like spatulata it is spatulata"

Yep. I agree with that whole-heartedly. :hail:

That's the best thing I've heard this year in fact..........

Maybe the one on the right is somesort of hybrid or comes from a different place. I'm not sure.???

:-)) lol^ I love that...Anyway they both look spatulata to me.

btw Roarbark's right: "Its definitely possible that they are both D. Spathulata, as Spathulata is such a widely distributed/variable species. (E.G the Fraser Island form is much more reddish then the typical form)"

Back