Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID these two Neps pleeze...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ID these two Neps pleeze...

This is a cutting I received from JLaP last Fall. He didn't remember what is was, so it has gone unidentified all this time. I'd like to put a species label on it.

I would think that this would be an easy ID for all you Nep experts out there.

And, the other is a rather young Nep that is a Lowe's rescue from about 6 weeks ago. This Nep wasn't in one of those big cubes 'o death, rather in one of the smaller ones that you see VFT's and sundews in...

I actually got it from the "clearance" table for $1.50 ‼ It struggled to acclimate at first and lost some brown leaves but now it is really taking off! It's putting out such tiny pitchers that are just oh-so-cute..... (most likely a Judith Finn, wouldn't you say?)
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the first is probably that Gublers hybrid that has maxima in it. the other parent is unknown. the second isnt judith finn. the leaf shape is wrong. i would say its just the ventricosa/ ventrata they have there. just very very young.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else have any ideas??

I'd really like to lable these two Neps.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Alex on the maxima hybrid and the smaller nep as not being N. x 'Judith Finn'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking thru pics at Humbolt again; perhaps the hybrid is part N. adnata too??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The young plant on the right looks fairly simliar to a Ventricosa I recently received, and the biggest pitcher that is developing has "alataish" angularity to its pitcher, so I would tend to agree with Glider.

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second plant could also be a Nepenthes Gracilis, couldn't it?

I have this plant and got it from Lowe's as well; early last week. Your picture looks very similar to what mine does, right down to the spiky "hairs" on the forming leaf (the curly not-yet-formed leaf overlapping the stem).

This one isn't the one I have, but the pitchers on the one pictured are identical to my developed pitcher. http://www.carnivorousplants.org/see...N_gracilis.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was beginning to think that it's Gracilis too just by comparing online photos.

It has grown a bit more since that photo, at least coloring up a bit more.

I think that I'll post a new photo of it when I get home from work...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast