What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia?????

I'm not sure what it is, but it came in a pot marked Sarracenia Purpurea several months ago. :crazy: It was nearly dead when I got it. Thanks for looking. This is how it is today:

sarracenia.jpg

It's a Sarracenia Danas Delight. Definately not Purpurea.
-Matt

That's a Dana's Delight I would say. I'm blind if I said it was a purpurea.

-Maxx

...or is that Judith Hindle? jk!

I'd go with a dana too. Are you saying you got this instead of a purp or it in the same pot as the purp? If this is your "purpurea" i would ask the supplier for a refund.

I figured it was a Dana's Delight, but wanted confirmation. Thanks for confirming it! I knew it sure as hell wasn't a purpurea. :jester:

Yeah, it's Miss Dana..............

PURRTY..............

...or is that Judith Hindle? jk!

I'd go with a dana too. Are you saying you got this instead of a purp or it in the same pot as the purp? If this is your "purpurea" i would ask the supplier for a refund.

He probably bought a Gubler's plant at Home Depot or the like which put a generic label "Sarracenia purpurea" on them:

gubblersarr1.jpg

AgriStarts3 is now selling both "Dana's Delight" and 'Judith Hindle' so it is possible Gubler's is selling them too.
. It is probably still to small to make a better ID but it looks like "Dana's Delight".

Here's the Gubler's 'Judith Hindle' I bought from Lowes soon after I got it and then five and six months later:
03980025.jpg

03560015.jpg

03570010.jpg

He probably bought a Gubler's plant at Home Depot or the like which put a generic label "Sarracenia purpurea" on them:

gubblersarr1.jpg

AgriStarts3 is now selling both "Dana's Delight" and 'Judith Hindle' so it is possible Gubler's is selling them too.
. It is probably still to small to make a better ID but it looks like "Dana's Delight".

Here's the Gubler's 'Judith Hindle' I bought from Lowes soon after I got it and then five and six months later:

That's exactly what happened. I got it from Home depot. Upon looking up Sarracenia Purpurea on the internet and looking at pictures, it left me with a huge "what the hell?" How was what I had supposed to turn into that? :-)) I knew that wasn't what it was and after browsing the boards here for a while, I came to realize that it was probably a Dana's Delight or other hybrid. I just finally got around to asking others to ID it. I've had it since early January I believe. It's been growing under a bright CFL the past few months. I'm thinking about getting another CFL though for some extra light.

gube needs to get their stuff straight....

one could call them goobers? :-))

~b

There was a time when all you could get in stores were S. purpurea - probably field collected.

Be thankful you now have a selection.

Why spend the money to print different labels for a constantly changing selection? Or have to train the summer high school/college paid-by-the-pot worker how do distinguish the plants to label them. Could you even tell at a quick glance that the plant in my first picture was (most likely) 'Judith Hindle'?

Besides "Dana's Delight" has some S. purpurea in it.

Back