What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ssp. of S. rubra is this?

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
I obtained these plants without adequate labeling information. Can anyone tell from the photos what subspecies of S. rubra this is?

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

Thanks

I'm no ssp. expert but the pitcher shape looks just like my rubra ssp. rubra.

S. rubra ssp. wherry?

I don't want to jack the thread but I have the same question about my rubra. I got it this winter and it came unidentified. I'm fairly sure it's a rubra but I have no idea what ssp. It has tons of relitively small pitchers. If it helps the one flower one of the divisions made had very dark red petals (darker than the one's in drosera bugs pic) and a green umbrella part (can't remember the scientific name). Please help out drosera bug first since this is his thread but if you can identify mine to I'd be glad for the help.

the answer is...don't buy plants that are not properly labelled...

looks like gulfensis

I didn't buy em. They were hand me downs.

I'm getting all kinds of answers here and appreciate it. I like the wherryi I.D. too. Again, does anyone know of a dichotomous key? or is the S. rubra group also based in location differences and adaptations. There is a lot of variability in this group as with other Sarra species. I've been using dichotomous keys for years and feel that it would be helpful here. My Radford book does not go into ssp. but surely ones been written somewhere.

Back