What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spontaneous Generation

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
You heard right, SPONTANEOUS GENERATION. Or...just some grass seed that blew in the window from my fan. You be the judge. I really don't know what this is.

P6060289-1.jpg

P6060287-1.jpg

I get that stuff all the time. I belive its from the old spag that we use, weeds that just come back.

haha that's funny

Probably from seeds in your moss to begin with.

Personally I would pull it out as grass like that can choke the pot with roots.

Louis Pasteur would not be happy.

As other people have said, the seeds were probably in your media to begin with. This happens to me all the time.

I am 200 % sure that the plant in the picture is some grasslike weed, that comes in long fibered spagnum moss especially what is sold as New zealnd LFSM which may actually Chilean LFSM

It may actually be a form or Juncus, not a grass, but does look like one, there are many differences, one of them is that Juncus has hollow, tube-like leaves. they also develop massive root systems; good if you want to grow Aldrovanda, but will overwhelm anything else. - Rich

It may actually be a form or Juncus, not a grass, but does look like one, there are many differences, one of them is that Juncus has hollow, tube-like leaves. they also develop massive root systems; good if you want to grow Aldrovanda, but will overwhelm anything else. - Rich

I agree. It's a rush rather than a grass.

Awhile back I asked about this and the answer came back as being sedge grass. Happens every time I use the dried LFS.

Yep, reeds are round. sedges have edges.
i wonder if this is the one that makes a new plant everytime it touches the media or the one with seed pod about 4-6 inches below the tip of the plant . I have a very wide grass one that only grows a few inches tall then goes to seed.

Last edited:
In this case a weed by any other name ;)

Yep warren , one of those obnoxiuos weeds.LOL

Back