Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alabamensis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alabamensis?

anyways. my rubra from lowes are just the plain rubra ssp rubra.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Griffin is correct, the AgriStarts line of rubra is reported to be an alabamensis.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but that would make it HIGHLY illegal though wouldnt it? so what i have is rubra ssp alabamensis?!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what the legal status of them is. A bunch of the mass market pings are lusitanica which is also protected and a good number of the AS purps are montana... IIRC there was a really long thread discussing this a couple years ago. Might try searching for it and seeing what the end result of all the talk was.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest solution would be to contact AgrStarts3.

Perhaps they have a permit since the plants are being propagated through tissue culture and the original plants may have been collect prior to the Endangered Species Act. Exceptions are permitted under Section 10 of the ESA. It's the ESA that prohibits interstate transportation and sales within the US.

After all the mass propagation of these plants could be argued to be conservation.

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/ESA/sec10.html

SEC. 10.
    (a) PERMITS.—(1) The Secretary may permit, under such terms and conditions
    as he shall prescribe—
    (A) any act otherwise prohibited by section 9 for scientific purposes or to enhance
    the propagation or survival of the affected species, including, but not limited
    to, acts necessary for the establishment and maintenance of experimental
    populations pursuant to subsection (j); or

(j) EXPERIMENTAL POPULATIONS.—(1) For purposes of this subsection, the term “experimental population” means any population (including any offspring arising solely
    therefrom) authorized by the Secretary for release under paragraph (2), but only when,
    34 and at such times as, the population is wholly separate geographically from
    nonexperimental populations of the same species.
    (2)(A) The Secretary may authorize the release (and the related transportation) of
    any population (including eggs, propagules, or individuals) of an endangered species
    or a threatened species outside the current range of such species if the Secretary
    determines that such release will further the conservation of such species.
    (B) Before authorizing the release of any population under subparagraph (A), the
    Secretary shall by regulation identify the population and determine, on the basis of
    the best available information, whether or not such population is essential to the
    continued existence of an endangered species or a threatened species.
    (C) For the purposes of this Act, each member of an experimental population shall
    be treated as a threatened species; except that—
    (i) solely for purposes of section 7 (other than subsection (a)(1) thereof), an
    experimental population determined under subparagraph (B) to be not essential
    to the continued existence of a species shall be treated, except when it occurs
    in an area within the National Wildlife Refuge System or the National Park
    System, as a species proposed to be listed under section 4; and
    (ii) critical habitat shall not be designated under this Act for any experimental
    population determined under subparagraph (B) to be not essential to the continued
    existence of a species.
    (3) The Secretary, with respect to populations of endangered species or threatened
    species that the Secretary authorized, before the date of the enactment of this
    subsection, for release in geographical areas separate from the other populations of
    such species, shall determine by regulation which of such populations are an experimental
    population for the purposes of this subsection and whether or not each is
    essential to the continued existence of an endangered species or a threatened species.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thought some were supposedly P. ionantha also, but I am just going by memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I am not sure what the legal status of them is. A bunch of the mass market pings are lusitanica which is also protected and a good number of the AS purps are montana... IIRC there was a really long thread discussing this a couple years ago. Might try searching for it and seeing what the end result of all the talk was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every rubra that I ever got from Lowes was of the rubra ssp. rubra variety. I wouldn't think that CITES plants would be showing up in big box stores. Could be wrong, but it's very doubtful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12