What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarr id

I got this sarr a while back and it came without an id. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is. I know it has leuco in it and it may just be plain leucophylla but but it might have something else in it too. thanks for any help you have to offer.

I would like to call that a plain leuco based on my [limited] experience, but it could possibly be Dana's Delight. Compare:

Setup.png

Dana's Delight in back, pure Leuco in front.

actually, even though its hard to tell before the pitcher is fully colored, it looks like a Judith Hindle, or something along those lines. Dana's Delight is also a possibility. post a picture of it in a few days once its colored up a bit...If it does, fall pitchers in my experiance so far are alot more pale in comparison to their spring and summer pitcher phases

Hmm, didn't know that. See, told you I'm inexperienced. :p

I kind of doubt that it's a judith hindle because I have one growing in the pot next to that one (so pretty much the same conditions) and it looks nothing like it. The flowers were also red and if I remember correctly judith hindles aren't. Dana's delight is a good possibility but I won't know until it colors up more. I kind of doubt that it's pure leucophylla but it still might be. I have also tossed around the idea of some form of readii.

Last edited:
well...i didnt know you had a Judith Hindle next to it, so i wasnt sure. i was throwing up options, Dana's Delight seems like a good possibility since the colors kind of remind me of the pale fall pitchers on mine....like i said, post a couple pics in a couple of days once its colored up a bit...if its not already done.

One Question is, did you get it from a grower or someplace like lowes? If you got it from Lowes there are far less possibilities. From the picture it looks like it could be Leuco x Alata or Leuco x Rubra, but again this all depends on it's origin...

I ordered it online from a nursery. The nursery I got it from sells sarracenia rhizomes without id's at a reduced price in the winter which is why I don't have an id. I kind of thought it looked like a possible lueco x rubra (readii) too. I don't really think it's a hybrid with alata because it's not very tall but it's a possibility. I know I'll never get a really solid id but I got some seed from a rubra that I pollinated with pollen from this plant and was going to give some of it away and I wanted to give a possible id to the people getting the seed. Hopefully I'll get enough seed from this plant to give some away too.
I found this picture of a readii and I think it looks kind of like it.http://www.carnivorous-plants.supanet.com/gallery/imagepages/pic8small.html

Lois might be able to help you narrow down the choices but you'll probably never know for sure.

I am going to agree with the leuco x rubra possibility. The way it is coloured just speak rubra influence to me

yeah it does show some rubra if you look at it right, the lid even shows a little bit of those characteristics

Back