What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My mystery Nepenthes

Ok, so, I bought this one a couple years ago as N. aristolochioides. However, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on what it may actually be.

P1010386.jpg

P1010388.jpg

Maybe an aristo hybrid?

Hmm.... Looks like it might have a bit of N. aristo in it because of the angle the mouth is at. But the first time I saw it also looks kinda like my N. gymnamphora (the coloring, the dead pitcher's shape).

I hope you find out what it is.

The pitchers are a little elongated like those of N. klossii. Maybe a hybrid of the two?

Looks like a N. aristolochioides hybrid but with what?

Any other information on it? You might want to send some pictures to person you got it from. They may know what some other possibilities might be based on other plants they had at the time.

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking it may be N. thorelii x aristolochioides.

That would be a good guess Jimmy and the direction I was leaning also. The look of plant and pitchers certainly fit with that hybrid more than any of the other N. aristolochioides hybrids that I can think of.

Here is a photo of a lower pitcher on one of mine.
N. thorelii x aristolochioides
NthoreliiXaristo1CR.jpg

This looks like N. spectabilis x aristolochioides... BE hybrid.
Any recent pictures without dried tops?

well, the dried traps are still there, but I got some new pictures for you.

P1010383.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010388-1.jpg

Maybe even N. aristolochiodes x maxima? Right now, I still feel the N. spectabilis x aristolochioides...
Where'd you get it?

Back