What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery sundew

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I had this Nepenthes growing in my windowsill for several months now. Almost a month ago, I noticed something starting to grow in the same pot. I let it grow and now I see the plant has tentacles.

It may be a little too early to tell, but does anyone have any idea yet?

mysteryDrosera.jpg

Is that your ailing N. ventricosa? That might be a bit early, but count the weedier species in your collection. Chances are high for D. capensis, D. burmannii, etc... ;)

Is that your ailing N. ventricosa? That might be a bit early, but count the weedier species in your collection. Chances are high for D. capensis, D. burmannii, etc... ;)

Yeah, that's the Nepenthes Ventricosa.

I bought the soil from a carnivorous plant nursery and used it for the Nepenthes. Therefore, it could be any sundew because none of my sundews have flowered yet.

Almost certainly capensis. I should know... my plants are infested with them.

Here's a tip: Put your ventricosa and/or ventrata into a mix of coconut mulch, or something quick draining. I've seen that peat moss usually does more harm than good; it retains too much water. That's from personal experience.
:beer: Cheers and good luck!

Almost certainly capensis. I should know... my plants are infested with them.

Here's a tip: Put your ventricosa and/or ventrata into a mix of coconut mulch, or something quick draining. I've seen that peat moss usually does more harm than good; it retains too much water. That's from personal experience.
:beer: Cheers and good luck!

I'll repot it later this year. I don't want to disturb the sundew until it's well established.

Back