Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nep ID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks more like N distillatoria to me. Deffinately not N. mirabilis var. echinostoma. The few sporadic little hairs on some of the leaf margins are not the same as the serrated leaf margins N. mirabilis sometimes exhibits.

I am somewhat puzzled though why you think it is luck or lack there of having two orders with misidentified plants. I hope you contacted the vendor.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh woops.. Here a photo of N. distillatoria pink. I would still wait a bit and let your plant grow up some more though, before calling it one thing or another with any certainty.

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't know if it was common to receive a misidentified plant with every order :P But yes, I plan on letting it grow a bit, and seeing what it does. Maybe it'll grow on me. With the other plants around it being ephippiata, lowii, and rajah, it looks like a beast as far as growth rate, so at least that's fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember your original post about this particular plant. I order a few Neps from the same vendor around that same time. (at least I'm reasonably sure it was the same vendor) One of them was supposed to be N. talangensis, the plant I got looks identical to yours. Interestingly, it was the only plant in the order that did not come with an ID tag. Mine has not pitchered yet so I can't make a better comparison with yours. I'm still very much a novice with these plants, but based on the opinions of the more experienced growers here, it seems likely to me that the vendor misidentified some of their plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine also came with no tag, so there's a good likelihood it's the same situation. There was also no tag with my rajah, but it seems to at least be a rajah anyway. It'll be interesting to see when it pitchers. So far it's not given me a problem with that, and put out 4-5 pitchers in the last 2 months, so hopefully yours won't take long either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    draven, rajah is a species you can tell just by looking at the leaves...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, well, the traps give it away as well. :P I'm just glad that the others came in properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12