What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another unknown Nepethes

Hi - I have a number of unknown neps, the miranda was the first, here is another. Any guesses ?

Thanks

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Well, do you know if it's pure or a hybrid? To me, it looks like a truncata hybrid...

Do you have a shot of the leaves?

No ... sorry I don't know if it is a hybrid or not

leaf pics

Here are some leaf pics

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

Well, I'm not very good at IDing anything, but the colors in the pitcher look a little like my sanguinea's. Reddish spots on the top half, greener on the bottom half. And those longer whisker things on the front.

It seems like it might have some raff or thorelli in it.

I was going to suggest a truncata hybrid, but the leaves don't match up.

It looks like it may have some veitchii or another wide peristomed Nepenthes mixed in with it. I can't really tell beyond that.

Did you purchase this plant from a local nursery?

Good luck

Looks like the coccinea I used to grow.

the pitcher looks very similar to my N. truncata from Pasian Island. The leaves do not match up but truncata leaves do get long when the plant is more mature. If it is a hybrid this may be very hard to discern to any certainty.

To me it seems to resemble Nepenthes spathulata.

im surprised no one has said N. x 'Judith Finn', thats my guess

SirKristoff beat me to it. It looks like Nepenthes 'Judith Finn' to me as well.

thorelii x spathulata defidentially. great looking plant

Sam I want to ask you where you got the idea of this plant having thorelii in it. Don't go throwing out positive IDs unless there is more supporting evidence to say it is that. It looks like judith finn to me for the following reasons: leaf attachment, leaf shape, and tendril. The pitcher also looks like a young judith finn, or maybe one that is just a little weirded out. I see no evidence of thorelii in this plant what so ever. Judith finn is spathulata x veitchii, if that is indeed what this plant is.

I would agree with the Judith Finn elements as well but I think there is a little more in it than that. Spathulata is there but the spotting makes me think something else crept in. Judith Finn x ???

Edax: i see your point
ive seen spotting on the inside of judith finn a couple times, it could be the way the light is hitting the pitcher causing the blotches to stand out a bit more? not sure.

Edax: i see your point
ive seen spotting on the inside of judith finn a couple times, it could be the way the light is hitting the pitcher causing the blotches to stand out a bit more? not sure.

Right, no spots on the outside with Judith Finn, only on the inside. So it is possible that you saw the inside blotching from the sun on the opposite side of the plant. (Edit: which looks to be happening in this picture.)

The outside is a definite pure green with pure red peristome, even when relatively young.

Back