What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK... definately not filiformus

I have been growing some seedlings from scratch thinking they were D. filiformis since that is the only seed I have sown with threadlike leaves. But I noticed this morning a flower on my 8 month old plant. Definately not filiformis. I have sown other seeds, but none labeled anything close to what I see below. Is this a byblis? I have been growing it as a baby filiformis and it is now growing in about 8 hours of direct sun. Looks like I may need to rethink that. It rained the other day so it is a little lack luster now. I can assure you it was pretty dewing prior to that and catching plenty of tiny bugs.

Last edited:
Looks like some sort of Byblis...

Thanks. Just did some quick research because I really have had no desire to get a byblis to this point and it looks like I am OK in 8 hours of direct sun and it is an annual so collect the seeds!

Do they self pollinate pretty well?

Thats D. indica "Green form". Looks like its having a rough time.

Yes, it does look like indica and I forgotten that I got indicia seed around the same time as I planted my filiformis (freebie in a trade) and they were in the cells right next to it so probably just missed thier mark when being sprinkled onto the soil.

Thanks!

Didn't notice the flower. :-)) Sure way of knowing whether it is or not.

:) At least now I know what to look for when the ones I got from DrWurm get bigger.

Back