What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong plants shipped to me (identification please)

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Okay, after two weeks of waiting, my new carnivorous plant order arrived. I ordered a Pinguicula Caerulea and a Drosera Aliciae.

Here's what they sent me

Sundew:
wrongsundew1.jpg

wrongsundew2.jpg

Butterwort:
wrongbutterwort1.jpg

So, any ideas what species they sent me?

Not sure the exact species of that pygmy or ping, but I hope the next thing they send you is a refund.

im not sure of either. however, i have ordered from them and they have very great plants, i have never gotten a mix-up. hope this gets corrected.

P. vulgaris maybe??? I'm not good with Pings or Dews, specially pygmies.
Send them the pics and maybe they can ID them for you and give you a refund.

You should get a closer picture of the pygmy. The Ping, however, is P. primuliflora methinks.

You should get a closer picture of the pygmy. The Ping, however, is P. primuliflora methinks.

The ping is sort of yellow-green with strongly incurved margins. I'm actually thinking it's P. Lutea

The red Pygmy looks like a D. Carbarup to me. I have grow Carbarup before and still have 1 of those left. Its a very nice colorful grower

Looks like Caerulea to me.

Dunno, my P. primuliflora looked like that. I guess we need a flower for a 100% ID.

Edit: Now that I look at pictures, it may very well be P. caerulea. I don't think it's P. lutea as the leaves aren't as wide. So it could possibly be either P. primuliflora or caerulea.

Dunno, my P. primuliflora looked like that. I guess we need a flower for a 100% ID.

Edit: Now that I look at pictures, it may very well be P. caerulea. I don't think it's P. lutea as the leaves aren't as wide. So it could possibly be either P. primuliflora or caerulea.

I thought Caerulea was more green?

pcaer01.jpg

You have to take into consideration that your might not look exactly that color because of growing conditions being different. Most probably light.

That's very crappy. I wouldn't be happy at all if I was you. Ask for a refund or replacement if you haven't done so already.

Okay, I sent them an email, and here's the response:
Hello Thanks for writing. Sorry about the mix up. The caerulea and lutea are real simular, normally the caerulea has veining, however these were supplied to use as caerulea so we have been waiting for them to flower. Possibly the time of year the veining is more pronounced, please let me know what you would like to do on that one. The other is a lake badgerup for sure, sorry about that. We can get you an aliciae next week. Are you needing anything else?? Let me know and we can get that out to you.

Take Care

Back